Marketing Volunteer Role
Why do we need you?
Are you passionate about marketing, PR and making a difference through the power of media? Would you like to give time to a local, innovative charity? Would you enjoy joining a team dedicated to helping children and young people have fun and make friends?
Allsorts is a pioneering charity that works with families with children who have disabilities or additional needs. Strongly rooted in the local community, we want to involve as many people as we can in building an inclusive Gloucestershire where people with disabilities and additional needs are included and able to contribute.
We’re growing all the time, with new families joining and new activities being developed for children with additional needs.
How much time should you offer? When would you be needed? Where will you be based?
Working location is flexible – you could work from home or in the Allsorts office in Stroud, although an induction would take place at the office. We would require you to commit to between 2-4 days per month.
What activities will you be involved in?
Your role would be to support the Fundraising and Communications team with the delivery of their communications plan by:
- Sourcing content for scheduling posts for social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Writing copy for the website and direct marketing campaigns
- Designing creative for fundraising events, appeals and day-to-day activities
There will also be the chance to work on the launch of our new trading arm, launching in April 2022.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- A full induction, ongoing support and supervision
- Feeling like you’ve made a difference to families who have children with disabilities and additional needs
- Experience working with a friendly team in an innovative and growing organisation
- Develop your skillset or simply give back to your local community
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as defined in Allsorts’ Volunteer Policy
What are we looking for?
- A friendly approach
- Someone with marketing experience, either in a paid or voluntary role
- A general enthusiasm and good work ethic
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office, social media platforms and marketing tools such Canva and Mailchimp
Allsorts is committed to safeguarding and any advertised role will require two references and confirmation of your identity will be undertaken. Specific roles will state if there is a requirement for further checks.
Who should you contact to find out more?
To find out about more, please contact Rosa Barratt, Head of Development on 07944 726444 or email [email protected]
To apply for this role: