Location: This role will be focused within Allsorts clubs and activities which take place in a range of community venues in Gloucestershire.
Responsible to: Allsorts Coordinator
Work hours: This is a casual hours contract role.
Salary: £9.43 per hour
ABOUT THIS ROLE: The purpose of this post is to work as part of a team, to deliver an outstanding quality of social and recreational activities for disabled children, children with additional needs, and their families. The post holder could be working within a range of different Allsorts activities. At Allsorts, we are positive about disability and additional needs and are looking for individuals to work with our members who are enthusiastic and willing to learn.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with children, young people and their families to ensure that they experience a high quality of activity with Allsorts.
- Working with small groups and 1:1 with disabled children and young people to provide them with the support they need to participate in social and recreational activities.
- Listening to participants and their families to support individuals to get the most they can from Allsorts activities.
- Working within and implementing Allsorts policies and procedures in any given setting or scenario.
- Listening to and feeding back views of members to ensure that Allsorts activities are meeting members’ expectations.
- Guiding and facilitating participation for a range of individuals, with a range of individual needs and preferences, including with non-verbal children and some with behaviour that challenges.
- Working effectively within a team to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere and experience for members.
- Being proactive in ensuring that all activities are safe and legal.
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluation frameworks to track progress and preferences within activities.
- Where appropriate training and support has been given, some administration of personal care, medication, support with eating and drinking, and positive behaviour management may be required.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven skills and experience in providing a safe, welcoming and engaging experience for disabled children and children with additional needs.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, from a range of backgrounds, and with different viewpoints and preferences.
- Exceptional communication skills, which encompass active listening and the ability to communicate with a range of individuals with a range of needs and preferences.
- A passion for championing the rights of disabled people to have access to fun recreational and social activities.
- The ability to work flexibly and adaptively to meet the demands of participants and stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training, learning and development as required for the post.
- The ability to follow and apply policy and procedure within the workplace.
- Training in moving and handling, positive behavior management, safeguarding, administration of specific medical interventions and personal care is welcomed.
FIND OUT MORE: Call Allsorts on 01453 750474 or email us at [email protected]
This post is subject to enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up in line with the Allsorts safer recruitment policy