Marketing and Communications Officer
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to support us with our aspirations to raise the charity’s profile and increase support from the community. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, dynamic and a great team-player. This new role is an exciting step for Allsorts and for the candidate to add creative flair to our marketing and communications strategy. The post is initially for 1 year, with the potential for it to become permanent following a review.
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Communications Officer (1 year contract)
REPORTING TO: Fundraising and Marketing Manager
EMPLOYED BY: Allsorts Gloucestershire
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days per year plus all bank holidays (pro rata) plus 1 day Birthday leave
LOCATION: The main office is Stroud with work across the county (home-working options available).
PAY: £24,000 FTE, £14,400.00 pro rata
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Allsorts’ existing communication platforms, ensuring that information provided is accurate, creative and accessible.
- Explore and implement appropriate communication methods and systems as required.
- Oversee and build upon the Allsorts social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and respond to any engagement from our digital community in a timely and professional manner
- Create interesting and appropriate content for social media, the website and emails
- Liaise with external designers/agencies on marketing material for fundraising events and for general charity use
- Ensure any marketing materials meet brand guidelines and are consistent in their look and feel
- Work with the whole team to produce case studies and good news stories for use in communications and grant reports.
- Support the development and delivery of internal communications so that staff and volunteers are informed of key charity messages and activities
- Create press releases and manage any public relations enquiries
- Manage the latest statistics and data produced by the Senior Team and ensure they are communicated appropriately
- Stay up to date with the latest digital technologies, social media trends, and SEO.
- Take responsibility for the photograph and video database and produce photos when required for the website and promotional purposes.
- Encourage participation from Allsorts members with film and photography projects.
- Become a co-operative and supportive member of the Allsorts Fundraising and Communications team
- Participate in all mandatory training as required
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of all information acquired
- Undertake an appraisal and personal development review annually and through self-development, continuously update and improve knowledge and competencies.
- Take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these.
- Co-operate fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently, co-operatively and as an effective team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which can be shown to inspire supporters and potential supporters.
- Strong administration and IT skills, with good knowledge of MS Office
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening work.
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals of Allsorts.
IDEAL TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Email design and build (Mailchimp)
- Microsoft office 365
To request an application form, please contact Sally Dyer on 01453 750474 or email [email protected]. For a chat about the role, please contact Head of Development, Rosa Barratt on 07944 726444 or email [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 3rd May 2022
Interview date: 5th May 2022