Database Volunteer Role
Are you someone with a keen eye for detail and good IT skills? Do you enjoy learning new systems and processes? Allsorts is working on updating our database to make sure information is up to date and we need some help to get this done.
Why do we need you?
Allsorts is a pioneering local charity that supports families who have disabled children. Strongly rooted in the local community, we want to involve as many people as we can in building an inclusive Gloucestershire where people with disabilities and additional needs are included and able to contribute.
We’re growing all the time, with new families joining every week and new activities being developed. Your role as a volunteer will help us to deliver more for more families in Gloucestershire.
How much time should you offer? When would you be needed? Where will you be based?
- We would ask you to volunteer for between one and two mornings or afternoons during the week.
- This role is based at The Allsorts Office in Stroud.
What activities will you be involved in?
- Entering information about our members into the Allsorts database.
- Checking and updating records on the Allsorts CRM database.
- Scanning hard copy information and uploading it to the Allsorts database.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- Ongoing support and supervision.
- Making a difference to families who have children with disabilities and additional needs.
- Experience in working with IT systems and processes.
- Experience of working with an innovative and growing organisation
- Getting involved in your local community
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as defined in Allsorts’ volunteer policy
Is there an induction and training?
- You will receive a full induction before you start
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Someone who likes working with IT and databases.
- Someone who enjoys learning new systems and processes.
- Someone who can work within policies and procedures to ensure that data is handled safely and securely.
- Someone who is comfortable volunteering in a busy office environment.
Due to the nature of this role volunteers will be required to complete a DBS form and provide referees.
Who should you contact to find out more or apply for the role?
To find out about more, please contact